In most of the developing world there is a critical need for safe water; however drilling additional wells is not always the best option. The additional wells still supply contaminated water, and political, monetary and location problems are sometimes insurmountable. Likewise, filtration is sometimes needed, but many methods are ineffective, slow, or difficult to maintain.
Let us be clear, there is no one magical fix to the huge need for safe water. In many cases, disinfecting the water available using a natural chlorine solution is the most logical, practical and effective means of quickly having a long-lasting impact in small communities.
The mission of Safe Water International Ministries (SWIM) is to love human kind by encouraging participation as ambassadors of Jesus Christ, providing for their physical needs, focused on safe drinking water and sharing the Living Water of Jesus Christ worldwide.
Sharing Christ’s love through water and His word.
- 20% of the world lacks access to safe water—that’s 1 Billion people!
- 25,000 people die every day from diseases related to water.
- At any time, half of the world’s hospital beds are occupied by patients suffering from water-borne diseases.
- Contaminated water accounts for 80% of all diseases and claims the lives of 5 million children a year.
- Contaminated water is responsible for diseases such as cholera, typhoid, malaria, schistosomiasis, hepatitis, diarrhea and intestinal worms
- 1.5 billion people suffer from parasitic worm infections
- In China, India and Indonesia twice as many people die from diarrhea than from HIV/AIDS
- One flush on your toilet uses more water than the average person in a developing world uses in a whole day’s washing, cooking and drinking
- Water-borne diseases are preventable!